Jolly Holla Hunt Club

This site is dedicated to the support and conservation of Ohio's wildlife, woodlands and natural resources.

2/11/2006

Nov. 28th, 2005 My 1st Buck


Here is a closer look my first buck! The deer was shot close to dusk from the ground over looking a corn field on the 143. After lunch it was pretty slow with no deer sightings. Toward the end of the day I saw a small doe moving across my sight at a good clip. Not too much time passed when I saw two other deer off in the distance. After putting my scope on them I noticed that I had two bucks moving slightly towards me. One was nine point and the other a ten. I decided I would take a crack at the larger ten and took time to position myself and my sights. I took a shot at 110 yards and was successful. The nine point ran not 40 yards from me and stopped after I shot. It was a neat sight to watch this other deer for the next 20 minutes or so. My deer pictured above scored 107 gross, but only had about 1 inch of deductions. Not bad for a first timer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home